Friday, January 8, 2010

Kansas City

So I am in sitting in the Kansas City airport, looking out on a very snowy runway, wondering how I am all of the sudden at the end of my break, and about the begin the next chapter of my life. But first... my week in Kansas City!

Well, one of the sweetest girls I know happens to live in Kansas City, MO. I never thought before I started college that Kansas City would be on my destination list. But... this is my second trip here, and I absolutely love it. Pretty much I went during the coldest and snowiest week. At night, the wind chill was around -15, and during the day it reached a warm 9 degrees. :-) But that's ok, because Lacy and I spent the week sleeping in, chatting all day long, drinking coffee, making banana pancakes, watching movies, and even managed to squeeze in a trip to a yoga class and the movies one night. So it was a wonderful week in Kansas City and a perfect way to end my break and get ready for next semester.

Right now, I am most worried about living with a host family and not knowing enough Spanish. I really, really desire to learn Spanish, and will invest as much as I can into learning it, but I guess I am worried about that awkward stage where you are still a toddler when it comes to speaking.

I am also always apprehensive about transitioning. I have done a lot of transitioning in the past few years, and while it does keep things new and fresh and exciting, it also comes with sadness of leaving an old place and old friends behind. So I miss San Francisco, Gordon, Chop Point, and all the wonderful people I have met there, but I know that this next chapter of my life has just as much in store. :-)

1 comment:

  1. good for my heart to read this, hannah :)
    what words can i use to say how thankful i am to have your friendship? come what may this semester...i think it'll be easier to bear remembering the laughter to come and memories to be made with you.

    ReplyDelete