Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blooming

A quick word about my blog title- last year, my roomie was the RA on our floor, and the theme was "bloom where you are planted." I just love that idea... it really encouraged me to "be here now," as they say on La Vida, and embrace the moment at hand. That is one of my goals in Costa Rica, and for the rest of my life- to really embrace the moment I am in at that very time. Whenever something ends, like a semester or a summer at Chop Point or a great trip, I always regret not having relished every moment. I think back on the times that I was frustrated or negative, and wish that I had realized that I would remember that time, and those moments, for the rest of my life. Do you know what I mean? So when I was in San Francisco, I really made it a point to pause in my day and just say to myself, "I am loving this moment that I am in right now... I am not thinking about the past or feeling anxious about the future- I am simply living in the moment I am in right now." And it really did help me to live in the moment. And... when the semester ended, I knew that I really did try to live each moment along the way. So while it is so sad for things to end (I still really miss San Francisco and the people I met there...) I know that I embraced the time I had.

That being said, I know that God is bringing me to Costa Rica for a reason. And I will "bloom where I am planted..." I will bloom in Costa Rica. Make my roots there, and really delight in everything God has to offer there.

Anyway... things are coming along. I spent four hours shopping this afternoon, and think I have everything I could possibly need. And I have started saying my goodbyes... :-( But in 48 hours, I will be landing in San Jose, Costa Rica, ready to begin the next chapter of my life!

3 comments:

  1. Hannah, I am so proud of you, and I am continuing to pray for you. I know what you mean about missing SF and everyone from that semester...especially you. But I am so excited to hear about your great adventures and what God has in store for you. And I know...truly know you will have such a wonderful growing and awakening experience there.

    kamida

    ReplyDelete
  2. KAMIDA! I love you so very much and this note means a lot. I hope that you have a great last semester at Westmont. I am dying to come visit in May, so who knows what'll happen with that. But I love you and miss you and always appreiate your support and encouargement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lord! You have given Hannah an amazing gift in her shining love of you and in the giving heart she has. I pray she sees all your glory in her visit to Costa Rica and that she experiences all you have in store for her with an open heart and mind! Thank you for putting her in my life and giving me the opportunity to experience all her journeys! I pray for her travels to be safe, for her time to be spent wisely and enjoying and experiencing your amazing grace! AMEN!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete