Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hola de San Jose!

Hello friends!

I am finally in San Jose with my host family- I have a sister who is 20 years old and two parents. All is going very well so far- I have unpacked all of my things in my room and have had some broken conversations in Spanish with my host family. They are very patient and gracious, which is a huge blessing since they have to repeat almost everything they say to me! But I think I will really enjoy living with them. I am already going to a baby shower this weekend with my mom, and going with them to their Catholic church as well.

Last night we stayed at a retreat center in San Jose and got to know the other members of the group. There are 33 people here altogether from all over the US. No one else is from Gordon- in fact, most of them had never even heard of Gordon! Most of them go to school in the South or Midwest.

This whole week is orientation, so tomorrow we are going around San Jose in small groups finding various things and getting acquainted with the city. Then we have a language placement type thing, and more time with our families!

One of my fears right now is feeling lonely, which is inevitable, pretty much anytime throughout your life, but feels like it could be especially difficult here. Pray that I stay strong during those times when it is tempting and easy just to cry, because I can totally see that happening! Haha. Even when I am on vacation in a foreign place there are times when I just want to break down because I feel out of my comfort zone. Anyway.

Westmont friends- I met Anthony! It is funny reminiscing about everyone from Westmont that we mutually know. :-)

Ok- I love you all! My prayers and thoughts are with you.

2 comments:

  1. Remember, even when you are feeling lonely, you are not alone.... there is purpose for you being there, maybe to find yourself, or to be closer to Jesus... whatever the purpose -know that you really not alone at all:) love you Hannah! Ejoy this journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! isn't anthony great? =) i'll be praying for you hannah i love you!!

    ReplyDelete